According to Fast Company, there are 10 things you should be doing to be a better employee in 2017:
(1) Strengthen your “soft skills,” especially your emotional intelligence and active listening.
(2) Show gratitude to colleagues.
(3) Make more connections and collaborate more across your company.
(4) Create your own development program for learning that is not formally sponsored by your company.
(5) Request regular feedback.
(6) Get better at goal-setting.
(7) Get better at time management.
(8) Send clearer, more concise emails.
(9) Establish a social media strategy.
(10) Get better at dealing with conflict.
You can read the full article from Fast Company here.