Silicon Valley Bank, the Angel Resource Institute, and CB Insights just released their Q3 2013 “Halo Report.” This report generally confirms that angel investment is increasing, but the median round size ($520K) is down from the Q1 2013 peak ($700K). Other notable findings include:
- Healthcare deals enjoyed the largest increase in round size, increasing to $1.50M from $1.10M in 2012;
- The median pre-money valuation of early-stage angel deals held steady at $2.5M;
- Most angels invest close to home, with 74% of all deals closing in their home state;
- Internet, healthcare, and mobile deals constitute the “lion’s share” of all deals closed;
- The New England region leads all other regions in total angel dollars invested; and
- California leads all other regions in terms of the overall share of angel deals closed.
You can find the full report here.